Formic acid is a colorless and pungent liquid, systematically named methanoic acid, is the simplest carboxylic acid, and has the chemical formula HCOOH. CAS NO.:611-73-4.
The technical grade have 85%,90% and 94% formic acid. Normal packaging is 35kg/plastic drum and 1200kg/IBC packaging.
Formic acid is widely used in following application:
(1) Chemical industry: used to produce calcium formate, ammonium formate, potassium formate, ethyl formate, barium formate, formamide, trimethylolpropane, pentaerythritol, neopentyl glycol, epoxy soybean oil, epoxy soybean oleate, paint remover, phenolic resin, etc.
(2) Leather: tanning agent, deashing agent, neutralizing agent and fixing agent for leather.
(3) Medicine: used in the production of caffeine, analgin, vitamin B1, metronidazole, mebendazole, flubendazole, etc.
(4) Pesticide: used to produce triazole, Triazophos, Tricyclazole and Triadimefon.
(5) Printing and dyeing: it is used to produce dyeing agent for coal, fiber and paper.
(6) Rubber: used for natural rubber coagulant.
(7) Feed: used for silage, animal feed additive, etc.