Potassium formate is a white solid, easy to absorb moisture and has reducibility,molecular formula: HCOOK. CAS NO.:141-53-7.
In commercial supply there is also 75% potassium formatesolution.Appearance: colorless and transparent liquid, no visible suspended matter impurities. It is reductive and can react with strong oxidant. At 25 ℃, the specific gravity of liquid is 1.57g/cm3, and the specific gravity of saturated solution is 1.58g/cm3.
Packing: 25kg/bag(Solid), 320kg/drum and 1570kg/IBC.
1. As an excellent drilling fluid, completion fluid and workover fluid, it is widely used in the oilfield industry.
2. Potassium formate not only has good snow melting performance, but also overcomes all the disadvantages of acetate and is praised by the public and environmental protection people;
3. In leather industry, it is used as camouflage acid in chrome tannery;
4. Used as reducing agent in printing and dyeing industry;
5. It can also be used as early strength agent of cement slurry, as well as in mining, electroplating, crop foliar fertilizer and other industries.